We have SO many things we are thankful for right now. As of last weekend (10/30), Kara has been eating better! She still despises baby food, but she is now able to chomp on some solids after picking them up (without throwing up!) New things we've added, in tiny bits, are:
* Chicken
* Beans
* Carrots, peas (well cooked)
* Cheese
* Life cereal (her favorite, broken into 1/4 size pieces)
The timing of this was great (actually, clearly providential) as I had been cutting back pumping to allow more time for caring for the kids. Today will be the first time since Kara was born that I will be able to go somewhere (the airport in this case) without bringing all my pumping things and figuring out where/when. What bliss!! A few more days and we'll be totally done. God has been very gracious in giving us a freezer supply that will enable Kara to have 10 to 12 oz per day of breastmilk until she turns one. Wow!
The kids and I walked to the library Wed. Clear, sunny, brisk day. It does me so much good to be outside. - Oh yeah, I also got to be outside on Monday sweeping up cedar needles that weren't sopping wet, hooray! I'm continuing to smile when our children echo me and say "Sunshine!!! Thank you, God!" Meanwhile, I'm also thanking God that He also created people (as well as climates) differently. And I'm thankful for several of my dear friends who love the clouds and rain, and that I know they are finding enjoyment in those days.
We have carpet in our home, for the first time in 7 years. Pretty surreal. And it looks quite nice - our master bed flooring is done. Now for baseboards. I would upload a picture, but Jeremy has our camera packed for his hunting trip with his Dad. We are both VERY thankful for the opportunity to get away, hunt, and most especially, time with his Dad.
In moving things out of our room and closet for the carpet, Connor and Katie helped. Last night, Connor & Daddy started to put back what they could, while Katie and I went to the grocery store. Here's a mini-conversation Jeremy relayed to me later:
Connor: "This is hard work!"
Jeremy: "It is. Do you like hard work?"
Connor: "Yeah! It builds muscles!"
Thank you, Jeremy, for being such a good example of thanking God for giving us work, and for "1 Cor 10:31"ing in WHATEVER you do.
No comments:
Post a Comment