* She had a hair wash (yippee!!). Her hair was getting a bit nasty, especially after the I.V. that was in it.
Before:
After:
* I got to lotion her - I put lotion on her almost every day. She currently has nothing in her left hand (as in no I.V.s or bandaids or anything)
* Her morphine drop is down to 20 Mccg (as of 10 a.m.) and she is doing well on that
* Her ventilator breaths per minute is down to 35 (they will go down approx. 5 per day down to a level of 20 before extubation)
* Her chest tube was removed this morning and because it was removed...
* I got to actually hold her (without a pillow underneath her). Hooray, hooray! She definitely likes to be held tight and did NOT like to be held vertically... guess that'll take some getting used to on her part.
We're thanking the Lord that Connor and Katie seem to be adjusted to the normalcy of Mommy or Daddy leaving to go to the hospital. Jeremy went back to work today. Right now the plan is for him to take Wednesdays off, and we'll go into the hospital together for a longer time Wed. morning. He will go in on his own a few different times (morning/evening) during the week. He had a good first day back.
Random blessing note: Children's volunteers provide free haircuts and massages for parents, so I am taking advantage of both (I am terrible about getting regular haircuts) on Wednesday. As we say around our house often (usually for sunshine), "Thank you, God!"
No comments:
Post a Comment