Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Conversation at Breakfast

Between Mommy, Connor, and Katie.

C: Katie, what's wrong? (M is in kitchen)
K: My tummy is ouchy.
K: Mommy, you need to hold me, my tummy is ouchy.
M: That is not how you ask!
K: Mommy, please hold me, I have ouchy oatmeal in my tummy and my throat.
(Katie is put on Mommy's lap)
C: I have an ouchy tummy too.
M: Are you making that up so you can sit on my lap?
C: yeah
M: That kind of story is a lie. We do not tell lies, we tell the truth. You need discipline if you tell a lie.
C: But are you going to give me grace? (with anticipation)
M: Yes
C: (laughing with relief) Oh, I thought so
K: Oh, I actually (sounds like "ashually") have grace too.

Amen!

1 comment:

Summer said...

Those two make me laugh...love these conversations! :)