Heard from Connor and Katie's room while cleaning up:
C: Thank you for obeying, Katie.
K: You're welcome!
C: Thank you for saying, 'You're welcome'. Now, don't say you're welcome again, I just say thank you for saying 'you're welcome.'
Is there such thing as too much "thank you?" Apparently Connor thinks there might be. And once I did have a manager tell me to not say "thank you" so often because it came across as fake. Hmm... I do get a lot of pleasure from expressing gratitude, so please allow me (and my children =) to say "thank you" often. ;)
This morning while I was half dressed:
C: That orange shirt doesn't match those red shorts, Mommy!
M: You're right, I need to get dressed. (after) Now do I match? (with the "coral" shirt and tan corduroys)
C: No!
M: You're right, they don't match. But they look better (hopefully!)
No comments:
Post a Comment