Hello!
I was reminded by a few friends today that yes, people are reading our blog and yes, updating (and not leaving you hanging) with results would be a good thing. Please do keep letting us know. Sometimes it feels like our posts just go out into cyberspace...
We had Kara's video fluoroscopy on Wednesday. She did not aspirate at all during the feed, but had some very delayed swallows. The video was an x-ray video of Kara's profile during her swallowing. VERY cool! The liquid would just hang out, just above her airway before she would swallow it down. Helpful to have the NG tube to see just where the liquid was supposed to be going. So, in short, she is having trouble, but she is protecting herself. Our little girl knows her limits and stops when she needs to.
We then met with OT/PT and had a blood draw. If we are ever at Children's for less than 3 hours, it will be a record! Bonus: on the way home I had a peanut butter shake and a burger. YUM!
Next on the Kara list is to go see the surgeon and dietician on Tue the 26th. I am really hoping we will get a green light to move to a G tube (straight into the stomach). We have already been on NG for 2.5 months, and it looks like it will be quite a few months more. Kara is only able to eat approx. 30% of her total volume by mouth.
Next on MY list is a conference at church this weekend with Kent Hughes on Disciplines of the Christian Life (of course! =) I am SO excited to get lots of spiritual food. Kara will come with me, and our other two will be at a friend from church's house. I am SO thankful for this opportunity and am praying I will have wisdom with how to apply what we learn in this stage of life.
My Mom is back, and the kids were so excited that they asked to spend the night last night, and she kept all 3 so I could hit the big Snoqualmie Ridge garage sale this morning. It was quite a successful venture and gave me some great sun and time with a friend, Joy. Thank you Mom! Speaking of, I better go pick the kids up...
1 comment:
Hey Meg... Know that we are out here in cyperspace hanging on to every word you write and praying for you all! We love you so much! Aunt Irma
Post a Comment