Last night Kara had a hard time going down. She had her last feed at 9:50. Feeding tube bonus: if it's a full feed (none through bottle) we can set the feeding tube to automatically give her the same amount at 3 a.m., and then I can "sleep in" until I need to pump at 5. Awesome, right? So it was set for a 5 hr 10 minute "interval". We ended up being up with Kara until 11 p.m. when she spit up and burped quite a bit. So, Kara change, sheet change, diaper change and then finally bedtime, hooray!
All was quiet last night until our alarm at 5. Kara continued to sleep until 8 (wow!! She's usually up at 6, this sleeping in was a huge blessing and Mommy was having delusions of grandeur thinking through all she could accomplish today). I didn't think much of her sleeping in this long since she's back on "full calorie feeds" and is probably rarely hungry. Just catching up from last night. At 8:30ish I walked by her room and peeked in, and she was awake and looking around. I went in to get her an noticed a few things:
1) her feeding tube had been pulled out (see pic below)
2) she was soaking (probably wet through) and then...
3) I heard her feed pump going. Yikes! Oh my goodness... she had slept long enough that her NEXT (after 5hr10min) feed was going on. This has NEVER happened that she slept that long for it to be an issue, her feed is supposed to be at 6 a.m. Then it clicked... she was SOAKED because of the milk going through her tube and "feeding" the front of her shirt. Thankfully I had not yet washed everything from the night before (was just about to) so I changed Kara, changed her diaper, and sheets and mattress cover.
Then, the next challenge. Putting in her feeding tube by myself... dum, dum, dum. I prayed for grace and received abundantly. I took a picture for posterity's sake.
Oh, yeah... in the meanwhile? Connor & Katie were arguing, shrieking, pushing, etc. so they are currently in "play alone time".
Kara when she awoke this morning:
Kara on her current feed after Mommy replaced her tube:
1 comment:
I can't even imagine the challenges you face every day! We are holding you in our prayers! We love you!
Post a Comment