Thursday, June 9, 2011

Texas Update

We are having a wonderful time in Houston, TX. I am particularly enjoying shorts, tank tops and feeling warm! My sister has the same family we do: boy-girl-girl, same spacing, except she had her first child 18 months before we did. Our 2 boys are loving playing together, and Katie and Julia (3 weeks apart in birth) are also enjoying each other. We can definitely tell Katie is 2nd born. She's doing her best to do everything the boys do whereas Julia is more content to just do her own thing (Julia's older sister Lydia stayed home with Daddy. Lydia is the one to hang with Jacob at home). We will definitely upload some pictures when we get home.

We are enjoying time with my Dad's brother and his family, and we'll see some more cousins and extended family tomorrow morning and in the afternoon at Grandad's funeral. We have been abundantly blessed by Grammy's friends and my Aunt & Uncle's friends. More pies than I can count have been delivered and lots of delicious food. I am REALLY looking forward to the BBQ for dinner tonight, can't wait! We had some delicious tuna fish sandwiches for lunch yummy mayo).

Jeremy made it through is red-eye and arrived here this morning. The last time he took a red-eye it was his first time to meet my parents. That time he had the misfortune to sit next to a sun-burned body builder who radiated heat and "squished" Jeremy during the flight. This time, however, he was able to catch some sleep. While I haven't acquired too many other details, I did ascertain that a sunburned body builder was not next to him =)

Kara is doing well, and many who have prayed for her are thankful for the opportunity to let friends and family see her.

We are off to go swimming with the kiddos, so I'll have to post pics and more updates later.

1 comment:

Summer said...

This was so great to read...but I have to be honest, I'm craving that warm weather, summer attire and bbq so much that I'm having to fight to be content where I am right this very moment! ;) So glad you all get to be there together, truly is so special.