Monday, June 13, 2011

Grandad

We had a good time in TX remembering Grandad (my Dad's Dad). He lived to age 96, and by God's grace was ready to go. He was able to be at home during his last days in his earthly body. It was a blessing to remember his generous heart and be amazed at how many will miss him. I remember:

*When I was young (apparently just 5 or 6, I don't remember being THAT young...) Grandad let me drive the golf cart. That was a mistake he only made once, as there were disastrous consequences.
*Grandad would always let me help pick the figs. Figs and Grammy's fig preserves were one of the highlights of seeing Grammy & Grandad in the summers.
*Grandad patiently taught me how to play Kings on the Corner and Skipbo and 42 (a domino game).

I am thankful that the Lord gave me such a wonderful Grandad. He will be missed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a nice tribute! he was a blessing to your family!